Docklands Light Railway
KeolisAmey has been running the Docklands Light Railway, the busiest light railway in the UK, since 2014. The network carries 117m passengers a year, with 45 stations and 149 vehicles.
Customer satisfaction scores have risen to 89%*, their highest ever levels in the network’s history. The partnership continues to develop and implement service improvements to make journeys better for passengers, including cleaner trains and stations, more reliable lifts and escalators, more efficient and reliable station maintenance and faster journeys.
Other improvements include:
• Doubled the services between Stratford and Canary Wharf during morning peak hours
• Doubled the services between Bank and Lewisham on Saturday evenings
• Doubled the services between Stratford and Canary Wharf throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday
• Passenger numbers grew to 116.9 million in 2015-16; an annual growth of 6.1%, part of a 9.2% increase in passengers
since the start of our franchise
• Customer satisfaction score of 89%*, which is above our franchise commitment of 86%
(*Transport Focus 2016 survey)
Behind the scenes
KeolisAmey has also implemented a number of cultural changes, including ‘Think Like a Customer’ training for all staff.
In 2016, the KAD Community Ambassador team won the Antisocial Behaviour Intervention of the Year at the divisional British Transport Policing awards for their Youth Intervention programme, which sees them work with schools and young people across the DLR network.
The programme was developed to meet the ever-demanding needs of the community and to influence good, safe behaviour with schools and local groups around the railway. The team engages with hard-to-reach young people, who are at risk to themselves or others, delivered through a series of interactive workshops and mentoring.
This provides a real opportunity to gain social skills to adapt behaviours and the option to change their paths in life.